Friday, May 10, 2013

Joyce Jimenez has no regrets leaving PH showbiz


LOS ANGELES, California – Sexy star Joyce Jimenez, who was once called the “Pantasya ng Bayan”, is living a happy life as a wife and a mother of two in the US.

Jimenez left Philippine showbiz after getting married in 2008 to Paul Ely Egbalic.

“Iba, iba kasi you went from everyone doing things for me, to me doing everything for someone else,” she described, when asked about the transition from a sexy movie star to being a mother.

She grew up in southern California and moved to the Philippines where she became an actress at age 18.

“I'm proud of all the movies I've done. I don't regret anything. Sa akin, when I did those movies I was of age, and that's all they were, they were just roles to me. I don't think it made me any less of a person,” she said.

Now residing in San Diego where she works as an office supervisor, Jimenez said she has no regrets when she left her acting career to raise a family.

“Yung panganay, 3-years-old, yung pangalawa, 2,” she said.

She considers taking care of her two children, running after them, as among her many challenges as a mother.

“Madami, pero it's all worth it,” she said.

She said she’s willing to come back to showbiz on one condition.

“I love acting. I loved what I did in the Philippines. Kung pwede lang that I can do it and still have my family next to me," said Jimenez.

She gets a lot of help from her husband who works in the US military.

Her husband said it was love at first sight when he met Jimenez.

“She's a great mom. She's always taking the girls first in consideration. I can't be any more proud of her. I just hope she has a very happy Mother's Day and that she has fun with the family," he said.

video

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com