Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Obama blames Jessica Sanchez's 'aunt' for lipstick mark


MANILA - This time, it was Jessica Sanchez's relative who stole the limelight during an important event that prompted the most powerful man in the world, US President Barack Obama, to call her out from among the crowd.

On her Twitter account (@JessicaESanchez), she wrote: "Oh my gosh my grandma made it to the news. Haha.."

Sanchez was referring to the incident where President Obama searched for her "aunt" at the start of his remarks during the Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month event held at the White House.

"I want to thank everybody who is here, the incredible warmth, the reception," said President Obama who was quick to point to a lipstick mark on his collar which he described was a sign of that "warmth".

The culprit, he said, was the Filipino-American singer's relative.

"A sign of the warmth is the lipstick on my collar. I have to say I know the culprit. Where is Jessica Sanchez? It wasn't Jessica. It was her aunt. Where is she?" Obama said.

The remark elicited laughter from the crowd.

"Auntie! Right there! Look at this. I just want everybody to witness so I do not want to be in trouble with Michelle. That's why I'm calling you out, right in front of everybody," he said.

Sanchez, a runner-up in the 11th season of the reality show American Idol, attended the event with relatives.

She was earlier invited to the National Memorial Day concert held at the West Lawn of the Capitol in Washington DC where she sang her own rendition of "God Bless America".

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com