Sunday, June 2, 2013

After 'coming out,' Charice breaks silence


MANILA, Philippines -- For the first time since she held a "coming out" party in May, Charice spoke on camera to thank those who continue to support her after her decision to celebrate "the real her."

In a video aired by entertainment talk show "Showbiz Inside Report" on Saturday, the 21-year-old singer is seen at the Hong Kong International Airport.

According to her business manager, Glen Aldueza, Charice was recently in Hong Kong to fulfill her commitments for a "Hollywood project."

Charice, sporting a short haircut, expressed thanks to those "who are still there" for her.

"I just want to say, thank you, personally, to all my fans, to all the people who are still supporting me, who are still there for me. Honestly, I'm very, very happy. I can't explain how happy I am right now, hearing all the positive things," she said.

She added: "I promise you guys that I will come back and I will see you guys again. I miss you all so much. I love you all."

In late May, one of Charice's godfathers, columnist Büm Tenorio, published a story titled "You're the man, Charice!" detailing the former "X Factor" judge's birthday celebration held last May 10.

Referring to the party, Tenorio wrote, "[Charice] intimated to me that [it] was her 'coming out' of sorts."

Tenorio, however, didn't explicitly say if Charice confirmed that she is a lesbian.

Nonetheless, the columnist quoted the singer as saying, "I’m able to express myself better now. I have come to accept the real me. I have come to love the real me. I now celebrate the real me."

charice

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com