Friday, August 23, 2013

Fil-Am actor gets big break on US reality show


LOS ANGELES - Filipino-American Eric Praxedes got his big break on the CW Network's reality show "Capture."

On the show, where teams hunt each other, Eric was sometimes portrayed as a bully. But in person, the self-confessed Lola's boy is anything but.

Whenever he gets the chance, Eric visits her in their hometown in Washington state.

"My dad, he was very much a disciplinarian. He was really strict," he said.

"My lola's awesome. She makes the best sinigang in the world. Anything I have, if I have questions, I always go to her and I ask her: 'Lola, what do you think of this?' And then she'll be like, 'Well, you know, ano'," he laughed.

The former model said people usually can't tell he has Filipino blood, but he always sets them straight.

"Everybody always says, 'you're not Filipino, you're Arabian or something.' I'm like, 'No, I'm half-Filipino'," he said.

The 27-year-old actor and former model joined "Capture" because he wanted to win the money to donate to cancer research in honor of his mother who has breast cancer.

"She has her good days and bad days. But she's a fighter," he said.

Eric is currently on location in Nevada, shooting a movie.

Being on "Capture" has given him the exposure and contacts to continue pursuing a Hollywood career. But he says given a chance he would also like to try to do some acting in the Philippines.

Eric's dream role is a leading man in a romantic comedy, possibly one of ABS-CBN's teleseryes that his Lola loves to watch.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com