Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pinay impresses 'X Factor USA' judges


Another Filipino-American singer is set to make waves in America after making it through the audition rounds of the “X Factor USA.”

Sixteen-year-old Ellona Santiago blew away judges Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland and Demi Lovato with her performance of Little Mix’s “Wings.”

Rowland said she was surprised by Santiago’s stage presence because she seemed shy when they were talking to her prior to her performance.

“First of all, I thought you’re cute that you’re [shy and then], what in the word? Who is this person? That’s what I love the most because whoever that girl was, she came out and she made business. Wow,” she said.

Cowell, for his part,said he already wants to work with Santiago in the competition.

“I love this girl. You are seriously good,” he added.

Following Cowell’s comment, Santiago asked the “X Factor” judge if he could still remember her. When Cowell answered in the negative, Santiago then reminded him that she already auditioned in the show during its first season.

Lovato, meanwhile, immediately said: “Had I been here first season, you would have gotten through.”

“Fortunately, this year, we’re going to have so much fun together and you’re going to say ‘Simon you’ll never gonna forget about me ever, ever, ever again.’ I think you’ve made this easy. I say yes,” she said.

Santiago first joined the reality singing competition in Season 1 as part of the group InTENsity. The group got eliminated in the very first round.

Now that she’s given another opportunity to show her talent, Santiago vowed to do her best to prove that she deserves to be part of the show anew.

“This chance is more important than my last chance because I’m going to try to make it up there not as part of a group but as a soloist. I’m so happy,” she said.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com