Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ellen hands Oscars pizza guy $1,000 tip


MANILA - The delivery man who handed out boxes of pizza to some of Hollywood's most famous stars at the recently concluded Academy Awards finally collected his tip on Monday -- and its a hefty one.

Edgar Martirosyan, owner of Los Angeles' Big Mama’s and Papa’s Pizzeria, appeared on the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" to recount his "crazy" experience and to collect his $1,000 tip.

"They told me I’m just gonna deliver for some writers. And then when I was there they just told me just wait here. And then you came out," he told host Ellen DeGeneres. "And then I was on the stage. I was just shocked."

He added that it felt surreal handing out pizza to his favorite actress, Julia Roberts, who gamely took a slice along with several others including Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong'o.

"She was like my woman in dreams. I was always watching her movies back in Moscow. So it was something crazy to me to deliver [her pizza]," he said.






DeGeneres, who collected tips for the delivery using Pharrell William's hat at the record-breaking awards show, then handed Martirosyan his tip, which amounted to $600.

"So you left before, I wanted to get you a tip and I passed Pharrell's hat around and I ended up getting around $600 something like that. Here is some more, here's a total of $1000."

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com