Thursday, June 26, 2014

Liza Soberano bags lead role in 'The Bet'


MANILA – Young actress Liza Soberano has finally landed a lead role in the upcoming Star Cinema movie “The Bet,” which is based on the Wattpad book.

Soberano admitted that there came a point when she got worried about being typecast as the third wheel just like her past roles in her previous television and movie projects.

“A lot of people were telling me na baka ma-typecast ako na third wheel but I’m finally happy na nabigyan ako ng sarili kong movie,” she told ABS-CBN News on Wednesday.

Soberano said she is also happy to be paired with Enrique Gil, who was also her co-star in the movie “She’s The One.”

“I’m really happy and honored na pinili ako because coming from ‘Got To Believe,’ I feel like I jumped to the movie kaagad with him. It makes me kind of nervous and sometimes I feel like I don’t know kung bakit ako pinili but it makes me also think na I must be doing something right. It also makes me feel special,” she said.

Asked if she still gets shy around Gil, the young actress said: “Okay naman, we are friends. We’ve worked together and we have the same handler so we kind of know each other really well. Pero I still need to hang out with him more to get used to it.”

In “The Bet,” Gil plays the role of Drake, who gets into a betting game with his best friend, which involves courting the unsuspecting Sophia (Soberano). When Sophia finally falls for him, Drake should tell her that everything was just a game.

Equally excited as Soberano, Gil noted that this is the first time for him to do a youth-oriented love story.

“Hindi pa ako nakakagawa ng love story na movie na youth-oriented 'yung dating. We really concentrate sa teens lang talaga. It’s nice to try it. Gusto rin namin na after years and years kapag binalikan, like if si Aga (Muhlach) and Yayo (Aguila), ‘Bagets’ yun. Ito naman if Enrique and Liza, uy ‘The Bet’ yun. Gusto namin yun ilabas. It’s a teen movie that people are going to remember,” he said.

“The Bet” is slated to be released in theaters within the year.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com