Sunday, January 19, 2020

LOOK: PH-based Syrian vlogger cooks meals for Taal evacuees


MANILA - A Philippine-based Syrian travel vlogger spent hours to cook meals for Taal evacuees.

Basel, who goes by "The Hungry Syrian Wanderer" on social media, shared a photos of him preparing food for the evacuees.

In his caption, Basel said he cooked a thousand pieces of chicken wings and Chicken Kabsa. He will then go around Batangas to distribute the meals.

"My first time ever to cook 1,103 pcs of Chicken Wings in ONE GO! (I really counted so I'm aware of the packed meals I'll be distributing today. 😊) and made Chicken Kabsa, a famous Syrian dish (very similar to Chiken Biryani, if familiar). Topped with nuts, cashew, (didnt find pistachios) etc.I added dates na din hehe. Not exactly complete ingredients but very close and did my best to finish 5 rounds of big giant kawa!" he said in the caption.


Basel also shared it took him 7 hours to cook and 4 hours to pack everything.

" I never cooked before I left Syria, so my mom would be so proud once she sees this haha. Shout out to my mama, eto na po yung anak nyong puro kain lang at walang alam sa pagluluto dati 😂" he also wrote.

Aside from distributing meals, he has also distributed relief goods to people in remote areas near the volcano, which he shared in a recent vlog.

A self-proclaimed "adopted son of the Philippines," Basel said he moved to the Philippines 7 years ago when war broke out in Syria.

The vlogger is known for his humanitarian work. Last year he bought 1,000 blankets, tents for Mindanao quake victims.

He also bought rice from local farmers who were suffering from low rice prices, and gave the grains to the quake victims.

source: news.abs-cbn.com