Monday, March 18, 2013

Pinay designer a success at LA Fashion Week


LOS ANGELES - Filipino designer Pia Gladys Perey held her very first solo show at Los Angeles Fashion Week.

Her "luxury and romance"-themed fall/winter collection was a hit among LA's fashion fans.

“I’m very happy but at the same time, I always never forget what my grandfather and grandmother told me, 'never forget where you came from.' So I’m still the same,” said Perey.

The Manila-based designer says her collection is proudly made in the Philippines.

“Well, I think we're all talented but I'm very proud to say that my label is the first Filipino label to do a solo show for style fashion week.

She's also beginning to build an enviable Hollywood client list.

Angelina Jolie, Eva Longoria, Kim Kardashian and many others have worn Perey's creations.

Perey makes glamorous yet comfortable dresses, a plus for many stars who frequently attend red carpet events.

“It's so ultra-comfortable but I also I feel extra-everything, extra-special in this. I love this. I'm not paid to say that. I love it,” said Daphne Wayans, star of the ‘Hollywood Exes’.

Aside from Perey, other Filipino designers who participated in Los Angeles Fashion Week include dubai-based Michael Cinco and Karen Capili from Los Angeles.

source: abs-cbnnews.com