Monday, September 30, 2013

Megan hopes Miss World win will inspire Pinoys


MANILA – Actress and television host Megan Young still cannot believe that she is the first Filipina to be given the elusive Miss World title.

In a post on the Miss World Philippines Facebook page, Young thanked all those who have been part of her journey to the international pageant, which culminated in Bali, Indonesia on Saturday night.

The “early favorite” at the pageant bested 126 candidates to get the Miss World crown.

“Seems like only yesterday that I was flying out to Bali, Indonesia to represent the Philippines and show the world what I had. And now, at the foot of my bed, I see the Miss World sash. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine to be in this position. Never did I think of myself to be worthy of such an honor. But the paths I’ve chosen have proven me wrong,” Young wrote.

“This year will be an amazing one. I can already feel the good vibes and positive energy and I can’t wait to start planning for things so that you can witness my journey as well,” she added.

Young went on to recognize not only her supporters, but also her critics, saying that all of them helped her get to where she is now.

“Thank you for the happiness, thank you for the tears, thank you for the heart to heart talks, thank you for the heartbreak, thank you for the hugs, thank you for being mean to me, thank you for understanding, thank you for misunderstanding, thank you for caring, thank you for not giving a damn, thank you for the love and affection. Thank you, thank you, thank you,” she wrote.

The newly crowned Miss World also hopes that her win in the international pageant will serve as an inspiration to her fellow Filipinos.

“Maraming salamat sa mga Pilipino na sumuporta. Mahal na mahal ko kayo. Sana maging inspirasyon ako sa inyo. Samahan niyo ako sa aking lakbay bilang Miss World 2013,” she said. “This isn’t the end of the journey. It is only the beginning.”

Young is currently in London to attend a charity gala event as part of her duties as Miss World. She is set to return to the Philippines in eight days.

MalacaƱang and several celebrity friends have joined thousands of Filipino Internet users across the globe in congratulating Young for her victory in the Miss World pageant.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com