Monday, April 11, 2016

Bradley calls Pacquiao 'the best guy I've ever faced'


American boxer Timothy Bradley Jr. had nothing but praise for Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao after their entertaining 12-round welterweight showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday (Sunday in Manila).

Bradley made a good account of himself in the early rounds but was knocked down in the seventh and again in the ninth by the "Pacman." Pacquiao wound up winning a unanimous decision, marking the second time that he had beaten Bradley in their trilogy.

"He's the best guy I've ever faced, honestly," said Bradley, as quoted by Yahoo! Sports, after the fight. "He's explosive, he has a lot of experience, a lot of power, a lot of speed, and he's the best I've ever faced in the ring."


In an interview immediately after the fight, Bradley admitted that he "barely" remembers what happened in the 12 rounds.

"I did my best out there… He (Pacquiao) just fought a great fight," he said. "He's strong, he's explosive. He was good, he was great. He was on point tonight."

"I fought my game plan, but he was just on point tonight. He was faster, he was quicker, he was stronger. He did everything right, and he did what he had to do to get the victory," he added.

Bradley was the busier but less accurate fighter, and was frustrated at his inability to land his right hand with regularity. In contrast, Pacquiao often found a target for his left hand, most notably in the ninth when he connected flush to Bradley's face and sent the American tumbling to the mat.


"Manny was strong the entire fight, and he was also very patient," Bradley said, as quoted by Boxing Scene. "I wasn't professional enough to stay patient myself, and I walked into shots.

Bradley's trainer, Teddy Atlas, had some issues with the first knock down in the seventh round, when it appeared that Pacquiao pushed Bradley as much as he punched him. Other than that, however, Atlas was similarly effusive in his praise for the "Pacman."

"Pacquiao did a great job in there," he said, as quoted by Yahoo! Sports. "Give Pacquiao credit. I didn't do a good enough job for Bradley."

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com