Monday, April 11, 2016

LOOK: Model, IT technician win Superbods 2016


MANILA – Fashion model Olivia Medina and information systems technician Tom Esconde were named this year’s Century Tuna Superbods winners at The Palace Pool Club in Taguig on Sunday.

Prior to the competition, the 24-year-old Medina said she used to live an unhealthy life.

“I grew up eating a lot of junk food, soda. I used to smoke and drink alcohol when I go out with my friends. I got sick a lot and I felt really unhappy about myself. I started researching about home remedies. I started doing organic, natural home remedies, learning to cook healthier foods,” she said.

About six months after, Medina said she started feeling better about herself, so she began circuit training, hiking and yoga.

“It has been my lifestyle for the last few years and I’ve never been happier,” she said.

Medina studied in Canada when she was younger and is currently taking up marketing and business here in the Philippines.


Meanwhile, 28-year-old Esconde, who is half-Swedish and half-Filipino, said he is passionate about cooking and fitness.

“I’ve always been training but after a wrestling class, I was doing a bad lift and I hurt my spine so I could not work out for a year. I gained over 20 pounds and then I passed out the day before New Year and the doctors say I have high cholesterol,” he said.

Esconde said this prompted him to get back to a healthy lifestyle.

Asked what his life philosophy is, he said: “You are what you eat.”



Clint Bondad and Ambra Gutierrez were named first runners-up, and Chet Abella and Ali Khatibi as second runners-up.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com