Showing posts with label Kapamilya. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Kapamilya. Show all posts

Friday, September 15, 2017

Atom Araullo leaves ABS-CBN


MANILA – Atom Araullo is leaving ABS-CBN after working for the network for over a decade.

While he considers his time with the organization an "amazing adventure," Araullo said the time has come for him to explore emerging opportunities and challenges.

"Although I am taking a new path, I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the company that helped me become the journalist I am today," he said in a statement. "To all the hardworking men and women of ABS-CBN, maraming maraming salamat.”

In a statement, ABS-CBN wishes Araullo the best in his future endeavors.

"ABS-CBN has allowed journalist Atom Araullo to explore new interests in film, broadcast and digital media outside of the company," the network said in a statement.

"Atom says the training and exposure he got from the network as reporter and TV host have equipped him to try out other opportunities in the media industry here and abroad," it added.

Despite his decision to leave, ABS-CBN said Araullo will always remain a Kapamilya.

During his stay at ABS-CBN, Araullo earned several accolades including a bronze world medal at the New York Festivals Awards for his documentary “Warmer” in April this year.

The same documentary earned a nod at the 38th Catholic Mass Media Awards.

In May 2017, he was also hailed by the University of the Philippines Los BaƱos community as the Best Public Service Program Host for his show “Red Alert.”

In 2014, Araullo was proclaimed as one of the winners in the SUPER (Salute to Unparalled People, Endeavours and Resources) Awards for risking their lives while covering the wrath of super typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) in November 2013.

 Just recently, Araullo tried his hand at acting for the upcoming film "Citizen Jake.”

The movie, billed as the comeback movie of acclaimed auteur Mike de Leon, will be Araullo’s acting debut.

source: news.abs-cbn.com

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Stunning photo of Liza Soberano goes viral


MANILA – Several netizens could not stop talking about Liza Soberano anew after she broke the Internet with yet another stunning photo.

On Saturday, the Kapamilya actress excitedly announced that she is the newest ambassador of Swiss watch brand TechnoMarine.

Along with Soberano’s announcement came her photo which was taken during her first campaign shoot for the brand earlier that day.

The picture depicts Soberano wearing a black leather jacket with her left shoulder exposed.

Less than 24 hours since it was posted, Soberano’s photo already garnered close to 200,000 “likes” and more than 2,100 comments. Soberano also made it to Twitter’s trending topics that day.

Most netizens were raving about how gorgeous Soberano is and how she keeps on just getting more beautiful as she matures.


Soberano is considered as one of the most beautiful stars in local showbiz.

Last year, she was included in a British movie critic's list of "The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2015." The 18-year-old Soberano placed sixth in TC Candler's annual ranking, behind Iran's Golshifteh Farahani, "Harry Potter" star Emma Watson, British fashion model Jourdan Dunn, Hollywood actress Gal Gadot, and South Korea's Nana.

Just recently, Soberano was the talk of the town because of her mesmerizing look at the 10th Star Magic Ball.

Although she is pleased with hearing people's compliments, Soberano said she does not want people to remember her just for being pretty.

source: news.abs-cbn.com

Thursday, August 6, 2015

New Kapamilya Wendell not competing with ABS-CBN hunks


MANILA -- Actor Wendell Ramos does not feel threatened by fellow hunks Ejay Falcon, Joseph Marco and Jake Cuenca as he joins the cast of the hit series "Pasion de Amor."

In the series, Ramos plays Gabriel, the son of Gabriella (Teresa Loyzaga), who is responsible for the death of the sister of Samonte brothers played by Cuenca, Falcon and Marco.

Ramos noted that everyone has their own insecurities.

"I have to face the fact that I'm not getting any younger anymore. Pero sa akin hindi big deal 'yon. Ang ginagawa ko na lang I do my best at kung ano ang kinakailangan ko to stay fit," Ramos told ABS-CBNNews.com and other members of entertainment media at a press conference on Thursday, formally introducing him as the latest Kapamilya artist.

Ramos said he prefers to see himself as a role model for his younger co-stars to stay fit.

"Ganoon na lang 'yung iniisip ko na maging good example ako sa mga bata at kung ma-pressure man sila at least in a positive way at hindi 'yung para yabangan sila. At least mas lalo silang magte-traning kasi pareho lang ang katawan namin," he explained.

Ramos also stressed he is happy to be a Kapamilya artist and being part of "Pasion de Amor" as he promised to give his best in his work.

"Ngayon lang ako gumawa ng ganitong soap. Sobrang challenging din kasi alam natin na may nawalang characters tapos bigla akong pumasok dito as Gabriel. Parang nakikita niyo villain ang character ko," he said.

"Siguro ibinigay sa akin ang character na ito hindi para magpakita ng katawan lang kung hindi siguro ay dahil sa nagtitiwala din sila sa kakayahan ko which I'm very glad and thankful dahil it's a good blessing for me. Ako ang maibibigay ko lang ng assurance is 'yung gawin ko lang ng tama ang trabaho ko at hanggang sa makakaya ko ay gagawin ko," Ramos promised.

Last April, Ramos made his first-ever acting project on ABS-CBN when he appeared in an episode of the legal-drama anthology "Ipaglaban Mo."

Ramos has appeared in a number of Star Cinema films, including "Wedding Tayo, Wedding Hindi" in 2011 and "Sukob" in 2006. Despite this, he remained identified with GMA-7, where he was a talent for 16 years until 2011.

He then signed up with TV5, where he stayed for three years. His last project with the No. 3 network was the 2014 sitcom "Confessions of a Torpe."

Ramos has openly said that he hopes to transfer to ABS-CBN and that he is grateful that the Kapamilya network has opened doors for him.

source: www.abs-cbnnews.com

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Janice 'overwhelmed' by good projects in ABS-CBN


MANILA, Philippines – Television host and actress Janice de Belen could not put into words how much grateful she is for all her projects since she returned to ABS-CBN two years ago.

In an interview with Push.com.ph, de Belen said she feels elated whenever people call her by the name of her roles in the Kapamilya TV series “Budoy” or “Ina Kapatid Anak.”

De Belen said some people even hate her for being an antagonist in the show.

"You do not know how overwhelming it feels... Alam mo, kapag marami nagagalit sa akin, that means tama ginagawa ko. Kakainis 'di ba? Minsan naiinis din ako sa [roles] ko. Pero kapag nakikita mong ganon, that means you're doing a good job. Okay na 'yun sa akin,” she said.

De Belen said her roles in the top-rating primetime series “is a chance to do something that people are not used to seeing you do.”

According to de Belen, she does not think much about gaining a certain status in the entertainment industry when she accepts projects as long as she is happy with them.

"I'm really thankful. ‘Yung mga ganito hindi ko naman pinag-iisipan. When I accept a project, [ang considerations ko lang kung] maganda ba 'yung role, sino mga kasama ko, parang okay naman. Kung may time let's do it. Hindi ko iniisip na maybe I should do this movie [to achieve a certain status], wala akong ganopn basta nage-enjoy lang ako," she said.

Apart from “Ina Kapatid Anak,” de Belen is also part of the showbiz-oriented show “Showbiz Inside Report,” which airs every Saturday on ABS-CBN.

source: abs-cbnnews.com

Thursday, January 3, 2013

P1 milyon, pwedeng mapanalunan sa 'Minute To Win It'

Bubungad sa 2013 ang kakaibang game show para sa mga Kapamilya. Alamin kung swerte ba o diskarte ang kailangan para maiuwi ang premyong isang milyong piso sa "Minute To Win It". Nagpa-Patrol, Marie Lozano. TV Patrol, Enero 3, 2013, Huwebes

source: abs-cbnnews.com